SSC Full Form is Staff Selection Commission. It is a commission under the Government of India that recruits employees for various posts in various ministries and departments of the Government of India and in subordinate offices. Through this article, we are going to give you all the information related to SSC.
SSC Full Form
SSC was established on 4 November 1975. It has been 44 years since its establishment and for 45 years SSC has made many appointments. SSC was also known as “Subordinate Services Commission” in past.
Presently Chairman of SSC is “Sujata Chaturvedi”. He has also been a former secretary of UPSC. He took over as the SSC Chairman on 9 December 2015.
SSC Full Form is also a Secondary School Certificate in addition to the Staff Selection Commission. In India, the Secondary School Certificate Examination conducted by CBSE and some other state boards is also known as the full form of SSC. It is also known as the 10th board exam.
SSC CGL Full Form
The most important among the examinations is the SSC CGL exam, SSC CGL Full Form is – Combined Graduate Level. Only graduate level candidates participate in this exam. Under the SSC CGL exam, many government departments recruit new employees every year.
SSC CHSL Full Form
The most important among the examinations conducted by SSC every year is SSC CHSL exam. SSC CHSL Full Form – Combined Higher Secondary Level. Only 10 + 2 level candidates participate in this exam.
Head Offices Of SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is headquartered in New Delhi. It currently has seven regional offices located at Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Bangalore. Apart from this, SSC has two sub-regional offices in Raipur (Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh) and Chandigarh.
Exams Conducted By SSC
Along with SSC Full Form, through this article, we will also tell you about the examinations conducted by SSC in detail. Actually Staff Selection Commission (SSC) mainly conducts competitive examination for recruitment to various posts in SSC departments, organizations.
In the past years, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has conducted the examinations given below.
- SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) : SSC CGL is one of the most important exams. The demand for this recruitment is very high among the candidates. Through CGL, the candidate is recruited in various large departments, ministries and organizations of the Central Government. The SSC CGL exam is conducted in 4 stages.
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (SSC CHSL) : SSC organizes combined higher secondary level recruitment for various ministries / departments and organizations of the Government of India every year, covering some important posts.
- SSC Junior Engineer (SSC JE) : SSC JE Recruitment is for Group ‘B’ posts like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contracting domains. Also SSC institute conducts this exam every year.
- SSC Junior Hindi Translator : SSC also conducts Junior Hindi Translator exam every year, for which many candidates are eager.
- SSC GD Constable : SSC GD recruitment is conducted by SSC. Which includes many posts of civilian army. Which are mentioned below.
“Under SSC GD (BSF) Border Security Force, (CISF) Central Industrial Security Force, ((NIA) National Investigation Agency, (SSF) Secretariat Security Force, (CRPF) Central Reserve Police Force.”
- SSC Multitasking (SSC MTS) : Some important posts are filled through SSC multitasking recruitment, including Peon, Gardner Daftary, Jamadar, Junior Guest Operator, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, etc.
- SSC Scientific Assistant Post : Under this exam, scientific assistants are recruited by SSC in many scientific departments.
- SSC Selection Post : This examination is conducted every year by SSC, and every year lakhs of candidates participate.
- SSC Central Police Organization : Through this examination, SSC fills the posts of SI – Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and some Paramilitary Forces. This examination is also conducted every year.
- SSC Stenographer : Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC Stenographer Examination every year. This is an all India level examination. In this, various departments, ministries and organizations of the Government of India are recruited for the posts of Stenographer Grade C (Non-Gazetted Posts) and Grade D.
|Some Important Links – Job Alert|
Frequently Asked Questions
Full form is Staff Selection Commission. It is a very crucial institution of india which organise various kind of exams every year.
SSC CGL full form is Combined Graduate Level. It is a very difficult exam and for this every year lakhs of candidate participate.
Sujata Chaturvedi is charman of SSC.