CLAT Syllabus : The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all-India entrance examination conducted by 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admission to their undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs (LL.B. and LL.M.). Every year a lot of candidates prepare for this
In such a situation, through this article, today we are going to tell you in detail about CLAT Syllabus and CLAT Exam Pattern.
CLAT Exam Pattern
The pattern of Common Law Admission Test will be as follows –
- The written examination will be of multiple choice type.
- There will be a total of 200 questions for the UG (Undergraduate) program and 150 questions for the PG (Postgraduate) program, each of which will carry 01 marks.
- The time duration of the examination will be 02:00 hours (120 minutes).
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer to the questions
With the help of the table given below, you will be able to understand the CLAT Exam Pattern better.
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
Question Paper Pattern for PG Syllabus
|Subjective Questions||50 marks (2 essay questions of 25 marks) on any subject of law|
|Syllabus : Constitutional Law Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence||40|
CLAT Syllabus – UG Programme
English Including Comprehension : Questions can be asked from the following subjects under the English section.
- English Vocabulary: Antonyms, Synonyms and Analogies.
- English Proficiency: Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Rearrangement of Words in Sentence, Fill in the blanks and Cloze Tests.
- English Usage Errors: Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage), Use of Correct Word.
- English Comprehension: Paragraph will be given. Questions will be asked from that paragraph. Understand the para and answer the questions accordingly.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Under this department, events of national and international importance, economics, science, technology, sports, person and place, static GK and latest fields, books and authors can be asked about current events in the field.
Arithmetic : Number System, Survey and Index, Square root, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Average and Logarithms, etc.
Commercial Mathematics: Interest, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Partnership and Discount.
Mensuration: area, perimeter, volume, etc.
- This section will test your interest towards the study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability.
- These questions will be related to the legal proposals and the set of facts that satisfy the proposals.
- Whether such proposals can be true or not, you have to accept them and answer the questions accordingly.
- There will be some major topics like – International Law, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, Legal Maxim, Family Law, Contract.
- Reasoning Tests: Series Test, Relationships Test, Alphabet Test, Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test, Direction and Distance Test, Analogy Test, Classification (Odd Man Out) Test, Coding Decoding Test, Number Test.
- Logic Tests: Statements Conclusions and Statements Action, Statements Assumptions, Statements Arguments.
CLAT Syllabus – PG Programme
The following is the allocation of questions to be asked from different areas of law –
- Constitutional Law) – 50 Marks
- Jurisprudence – 50 Marks
- Other law subjects: contracts, torts, criminal law, international law, family law, property law, IPR etc. – 50 Marks
For more information related to CLAT UG Syllabus 2021 & CLAT PG Syllabus 2021 click below.
There are total 5 subjects in CLAT UG.
Yes, there is 0.25 marks of negative marking in clat.
There will be a time of 2 hours (120 minutes) to complete the exam.
Hope you will like the information related to the CLAT Syllabus & CLAT Exam Pattern given by us, for such information, visit our portal Job Alert daily.